It’s 2017. How Do You Not Have a Business Website?
Well we have made it to 2017 and it’s time to embark on making it a successful year for your small business. For some smaller companies, its business as usual. They ended 2016 operating strong, with revenues flowing. To them, life is good. However, the December release of Capital One's latest Spark Business Barometer, a national study of small businesses tracking financial conditions, economic perceptions, hiring plans and other indicators of small business growth shares some very shocking information.
Did you know that:
· Only 56% of respondents cited having a company website, and only 53% of those with a website have optimized it for mobile.
· 75% are not currently offering a mobile payment solution to customers, and only 4% of those business owners plan to in the next 6-12 months.
· 37% are still not utilizing social media to market their business.These are very disturbing facts.
These are very disturbing facts. A company website serves as your 24/7 sales person. It is the face of your business. And if it does not exist, or it is not optimized for mobile, then millions of online searchers are finding your competition to spend their money with – not you.
Were you aware that the average person checks their phone 150 times a day? What are they looking at? Social media and websites! They are now doing their business need searches on their phone much more than at a desktop computer, and have been for the last few years.
If your small business does not have a business website, you are leaving money on the table, or worse, either in a potential customers pocket on in your competitor’s.
Here are some of the many ways you’re business is being effected by not having a website:
• Your email marketing is not as effective as it could be. Approximately half of people who receive a marketing email from a business will click on the business’ website. If you do not have a business website, you could send them to your social media page, but they will not be able to make a purchase there.
• You do not perform well in search results. If consumers search for your business online and you do not have a website, your company name and address might show up but customers will not have a place to go to learn more about your business. Without a website to click on, they’ll be taking their chances if they decide to visit you.
• If you are relying just on a Facebook page, then you are not even reaching all of the people that liked your page and definitely no one who does not follow you. Only a small percentage of those liking your page will actually see your posts in their feed, unless you boost the post or create ways for them to interact with you. And you definitely need to respect the 80/20 rule, with 80% of your post being relevant content that they will find interesting and only 20% of the post actually addressing sales.
• You look shady. Many people would think twice before doing business with any company that doesn’t have a website. Consumers search for as much information as they can about businesses before making a decision to utilize them. With no website, you are an enigma that is way behind the times. Not someone’s first choice to work with
These reasons aside, its actually quite easy to have a website created or you. So why haven’t you done so yet? Best Media can create a powerful website to market your business that is cost efficient. You’ll be surprised how inexpensive we actually are. We can design search engine optimization, local search directories and social media management programs once your website is up and running as well.
Your business needs to be visible and accessible to your customers, prospects and to those searching for the service you provide. Your website does not have to be fancy, but it needs to be easily found. And to do so, you need to create one first.
Give Best Media a call at 281-554-4800 or email me at email@example.com. Let us help consumers find your business.